February 21, 2015

Swedish House Mafia


This week I want to talk about some of my influences in EDM. I want to start with a group that in my opinion made themselves go from an underground DJ/ Producer group from Sweden, to becoming a worldwide sensation and having a number one selling worldwide single. Swedish House Mafia is the group that made a brilliant strategy of announcing that they were splitting up and going on one last worldwide tour after releasing their single Greyhound that was sponsored by Absolute Vodka. Shortly after announcing the tour, they released their last single that was produced together as a group Don’t You Worry Child. This single made it to number 6 in the us billboard chart and peaked at number 1 worldwide. The reason that this group inspired me was not only for their great music, but the genius that it took to go from being big in Europe to making a worldwide showing. I was at their sold out Chicago concert as well as the sold out Ultra Music Festival 2013 where they closed out the festival with their final performance as a group. This had to have been one of the best performances that I have ever seen. The track that brought the group to my attention in 2010 was the song One. There was a remix that featured Pherrell Williams that blew me away. I used to mix this in every club that I mixed in that year. This continues to be one of the most influential groups that brought me closer into the EDM scene.

6 comments:

  1. Agreed man! Gotta love Swedish House Mafia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sucks that they split up but glad to see ingrosso and axwell are still together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to see them two working together, but my favorite producer of the three was Steve Angelo.

      Delete
  3. Dude! No way! I was also at Ultra 2013, that was a seriously incredible experience. It almost felt as if I was actually in some EDM movie or documentary, everything was coordinated so perfectly. The stage production was mindblowing, and the energy was real. We will have to share ultra stories some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the best concert of my life hands down!!!

      Delete

let me know what you guys think!