January 24, 2015

Where EDM came from


Hello everyone, this is the first blog that I have ever written so I will try my best to keep everything going as entertaining as possible. I have been involved in the club-dance scene now for around 15 years and have seen the dance scene turn from house parties, to club nights, to raves, to music festivals. I have seen the coming up of EDM music from its start to where it is today. The biggest question is where did EDM really come from? Many people believe that it came from house music, which is believed to originate in Chicago. I would like to believe this, but I believe that EDM as well as all dance music derived from the evolution of all music from all cultures. Disco started a craze that went international in the early 1970’s. I believe this was the seed that started to grow dance music culture across the globe. Since the US had the culture already established, we were able to evolve as a music culture faster. With the death of disco in 1979, dance music was forced to go underground and evolve. This is where house music got its start. It was named house music due to the music being played at house parties.  For the first time dance music was using electronic instruments that were just starting to enter the music scene in disco as primary and only instruments in the whole songs. This was the birth of EDM even though we didn’t really know it. I’m curious what everyone thinks of my perspective on this, please let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

let me know what you guys think!